Saturday, January 24, 2009

Jan 6 - Bangkok - Didn't sleep well last night. Still dealing with 12 hours of jet lag. Did a little calisthenics in my hotel room to wake up. Nice rooms for the equivalent of 13USD$. Shared bathroom with a fan in the room. Today I did some sight seeing. Saw the Emerald Buddha and Grand Palace. Checked out the famous backpacker ghetto Th Khao San. Walked a ton and in the process picked up a knock off Lowe Pro bag for my camera and to act as a day pack.

Bubba, a fellow Gila hotshot recommended that I buy everything when I get to Bangkok. He is right, do it! Cloths and everything else are cheap. You can get anything you need and its fun to bargain with the Thai people. Next time its just me and my camera.

I'm slowly learning some Thai words and phrases like hello and thank you. I can think in terms of Baht most of the time. Also, I'm figuring out the toilets here...

First impressions? Smoggy, noisy, touristy at times and I think I'm going to get sick of Wat's (Buddhist temples).

No comments: