Monday, January 26, 2009

Jan 22 - Woke up after a tough night of sleep. All I could dream about was someone stealing my stuff so I kept waking up. One of the guys who worked on the train didn't help. He had police tearing through peoples packs looking for his hat. Which he ended up having misplaced. When I got off the train I headed for an ATM for one last try. No luck. So I went to a Bangkok bank and got cash from my credit card. I had to sign my life away and give them a copy of everything but a birth certificate and finger prints. It didn't help that I was sweaty from the long search for the bank and nervous that they wouldn't do it. I finally got to the boarder with Laos just across the friendship bridge. Got there just in time for the Laos border police lunch break. So I chatted with every foreigner I could find to pass the time. Short taxi ride to Vientiane. Nice little city. The people seem super friendly. The food was great and cheap. And Beer Laos is one of the best beers I've had! Its the only choice in Laos for a reason. Had a long talk with a Buddhist monk while wandering the city. Also got a hold of USAA and my debit card is working! Thanks for the help Mom.

No comments: