Saturday, January 24, 2009

Jan 4 - Stayed up all night and got to see Chris and Fiona for a few hours before I took a late night train from Queens to JFK airport. When I arrived at the airport there was a quarter mile line at the security screener... I didn't panic since I had too hours until my departure. Then American Air lines informed me that I was staying in Thailand too long without the proper visa. Which is true but shouldn't be a problem or so I thought. They refused to issue my tickets. At this point I got pushed to the back of another line and I started to panic a little. They decided to issue my ticket to LAX and let Asiaona Air deal with me. Situation getting better. I arrived at LAX and had to got through security again. No problems with getting my tickets this time. However, I set my watch back 2 hours instead of 3. So I rushed to the departing gates with only minutes to spare. I got this strange look from the representative before we realized my mistake. On the flight to Soul, South Korea I meet a Dylan from LA. He's been going to Thailand for a while and gave me some tips. One of which was to get a room in Bangkok during the layover in Soul. Arriving at around 2am and looking for a room is no fun. On arrival in Bangkok I split a cab with Dylan. He showed me how to bargain with cab drivers and Thai people in general. Proved to be very important! Now I'm in a world where 1 US dollar = 35.2 Thai Baht. BRILLIANT!

No comments: