Monday, January 26, 2009

Jan 24 - Rented a bicycle to be mobile while checking out some local caves. On my way around I got to see the surrounding mountains better. Also got to check off seeing rice patties from my list of things to do. Turns out this is a bad time of year to go rice patty watching. Since they dry up and brown this time of year. The caves are great here. You can walk every where with out restriction. No safety measures at all. I had fun exploring with other cavers first time I've meet people I couldn't see first. On my ride back to town I meet Lee a nice Laos girl that invited me to lunch with her and friends. My first taste of truly Laos food. Much spicyer & more lively then the Laos food at restaurants in town. Lee got to practice her English skills for a while. I tried to pick up some Laos word and phrases. Spent the rest of the night on the Internet updating this blog - 40,000 Kip -

Also found out what the happy menu is all about. The rumors are true...

No comments: