Monday, January 26, 2009

Jan 25 - Rented a bike looking for a waterfall that Lee told me about. Ended up not able to find it. Something got lost in the language barrier and no maps show it. Ended up getting sick of drunk college student and left for Luang Prabang by mini bus. Meet a Laos guy on the bus Bodnthanh. He claimed to be a teacher and headed to his house in Luang Prabang. He spoke some English so he practiced and taught me some Laos. He invited me to dinner at his house. I figured it could either be awful or a great experience with some Laos people. Turns out he wanted a free tuc tuc ride to his Sisters place. Who apparently didn't want him there because he's a rice whisky drunk. When he started asking me for money I high tailed wave down a taxi. Got to town and found a guest house with the help of Tee a local kid who runs a restaurant in town.

No comments: