Saturday, January 24, 2009

Jan 16 - Ko Phayam - First things first you can spell Ko Payam any way you want. It seems to not matter. I got a free ride from the hotel owner who was so happy to have his first customer. Got a morning ferry ticket on the slow boat. When they say slow they mean sllooooooooooowwww. First we got shuttled via Toyota hilux truck bed to the ship yards due to low tide. The dock workers were cleaning shell fish which was great to take pictures of. Waited several hours here for the boat. Then road the boat for a good 3 hours. Took almost all day to get to an island that is reached via speed boat in 30 minutes. Met a guy on the boat who recommended the Joker bar as place to stay. While at the bar that night I met a guy who is friends with Rob and called Rob's girlfriends cell phone. Since I didn't bother to tell Rob I was coming he was caught off guard. Rob came down to the bar for a few minutes and I got to meet his girlfriend Jit.

No comments: