Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Feb 3 - Moved on to Champasak. Took a fury across the river with a guest house owner. Seemed like a nice guy, always laughing. Turned out he runs a great operation so I got a room. Next I headed to the Wat Phu ruins. The road is a solid 45 minute bike ride which seemed to take forever on an ancient fixed gear bike. To start off I viewed the little museum they have set up. The exhibit kept mentioning the Linga. So I asked a girl who worked there. She got all embarrassed and didn't really answer my question. Turns out to mean phallus. So that's why she was giggling. The Ruins were neat but I hear nothing compares to Angkor Wat. On my way back to town I took the back roads. Little kids always yell "Saba di!" or hello as you ride by. Spent the night planning my trip in Cambodia.

No comments: