Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Feb 1 - Long day of bus rides. From Vang Vieng to Vientiane was a regular bus. From Vientiane to Pakse is a sleeping bus. This was my first sleeping bus ride. I had no idea what to expect. How it works is you get a to share a little sleeping area with another guy. I figure each person gets a sleeping area about 5"11 long and width just smaller then my shoulders. I felt bad for the poor Australian who had to sleep next to me. I woke up drooling on his pillow a few times. Not to mention the one speaker that worked on the bus was directly over my head. The driver had it cranked to the max so he could here the music. After he refused to turn it down I rigged up book over the speaker in an attempt to muffle the Thai pop. He was kind enough to turn the music off between midnight and 5am.

No comments: