Wednesday, June 10, 2009

June 6-8. Paris Tour con`t. Free first Sunday visit to the Louvre. Escape culturel Louis Vuitton and the trippiest elevator ride around. Attempted to cook an Indian favorite Roti/chapati and curry. Failed miserably with that cooking adventure. It looks so easy when they do it!

Walked a ton. North in a wandering zigzag pattern to Gare du North (train station). I like to walk without a map until I get lost enough then I reorient with the compass and map. East to Parc des Buttes Chaumont. Took some pictures and enjoyed a baguette with Camembert cheese. Next South to Cimetière du Père Lachaise. Which is resting place of a few famous people including Jim Morrison of the Doors. I didn`t have time to find his. Security kicked me out for closing time. Ended at the Place de la Bastille.

Finished the weekend with some of Steve`s famous home made hummus.

No comments: