Wednesday, June 10, 2009

June 4&5. Paris. A sushi dinner and Argentinian DJ. Helped Melodie prepare for a bacheloret party. Took a few pictures of the festivities before they took off to the south of France for the weekend.

When I returned it was late so I went out to take some night picture of the streets. Not a block away I broke my cheap Walmart tripod taking a picture of a mannequin in a shop window. Not a big surprise and its not able to hold my heavy camera well anyways. Continuing on using my camera bag as a tripod I headed in no particular direction.

Near a metro stop I almost literally ran into a guy. He was talking quickly in French and getting way to close to my personal space. Personal space that gets larger when I have my expensive camera with me at night. It took me a while to explain I do not speak French. By this point I figure he might be trying to mug me. But then he throw himself into me and gave a good shove. It all came together, he just wanted a fight. He didn`t even notice my camera. Apparently Daddy hit him and Mommy didn`t hold him enough. Anyways, I ran away.

No comments: